Herringbone tiles are similar to all other types of tiles in terms of significance and practical benefits. However, the uniqueness in using the herringbone pattern has made it the best tile to beautify homes. This unique pattern is laid at 90-degree angles to another. Its design is said to look like the bone structure of a fish skeleton. Frequently, herringbone patterns can be confused with chevron tiling because they both have a similar angular layout.
However, chevron tiles appear diagonally cut edges that classically sit flush with one another to form a distinctive point, while herringbone feature four-sided tiles overlap.
More importantly, to pull off the iconic herringbone pattern, there are two choices. The first option is to use individual four-sided shaped tiles, such as flat metro tiles, which can be laid vertically to each other in an L shape.
This method can be slightly complicated to pull off as one needs to ensure each tile is laid perfectly straight to prevent the finished design from looking dodgy. On the other hand, the next option is to get a sheet of herringbone mosaic tiles positioned to give a straight line. Finally, aligning the sheet together is what you need to ensure the pattern is straightforward and steady for a professional finish.
Herringbone tiling is used on both walls and floors. Tiling every space in your home is an excellent way of adding style and character. Choosing a practical layout tiling layout like herringbone tiling can be a massive impact on the visual effect of the tiling itself. There is no limit to where you can use herringbone tiles in your home and office. Let us jump into the details about some specific places where you can use herringbone pattern tiles.
Like I said earlier, the herringbone pattern of the tiling is used for both walls and floors. Therefore, we will look into specific areas where you can make use of this unique pattern.
Herringbone tile pattern for designing a bathroom:
Since it is clearly stated at the beginning that this unique pattern is used for both floors and walls, I want to assure you that you can use this herringbone tiling pattern in your bathroom (both wall and floor).
You may be wondering why choosing herringbone tiles for your bathroom? When it comes to the aspect of deciding whether herringbone tiles are the way to go in your bathroom, we’re here to assist you. Initially, tiling helps interior decorations be a possibility galore throughout the home. Still, when you add a striking and unique herringbone tile pattern into the mix in your bathroom, you will have a charming mixture of styles. How?
Below here are the fundamental reasons why you need to make use of herringbone tiles for your bathroom:
- Water-resistance – herringbone tiles offer unresolved confrontation to water and, whether you select a ceramic or porcelain herringbone tile, you can enjoy complete rest in your mind that your walls and floors are rightly protected. Herringbone tiles will be preferably suited to use in wet areas like bathrooms.
- Durability – throw in the solidity and strong point of herringbone tiles, and you’ll have the floor and wall covering that will last for decades. Its hard surface will stand up to daily wear and tear with comfort in your bathroom. Herringbone tiles help your bathroom to maintain pristine for longevity.
- Practicality – it pays to power in preservation when you’re choosing tiles for your bathroom, and herringbone tiling doesn’t demand any superior treatment other than a systematic rub over with warm water and a regular cleaning agent. This implies that you can enjoy the well-appointed aesthetic that herringbone tiles deliver with token maintenance.
- Versatility – the herringbone tile pattern displays stylishness and can be unified into your home in countless different ways. With herringbone mosaic tiles in an arrangement of colors and finishes, you can create any look you want.
- Character – one of the tangible, unique plus points of fixing herringbone tiles in your bathrooms is the character and curiosity they bring to space. With their striking pattern, you can promptly add depth and texture. So whether you want to go clean and minimalist using matt white herringbone mosaics or pretty and playful with tiles in pastel shades, it’s easy to bring charm to your bathroom.
Herringbone pattern tile for designing your kitchen:
the kitchen is regarded as the heart of the home, and it is a functional space for food preparation and cooking. The use of tiles is essential in kitchens today because kitchens go beyond preparing food alone. It can be a living space, a dining room, or even a playroom.
Therefore, a kitchen nowadays is likely to be an open space where food is prepared and where food is eaten at this same time. Consequently, it is expedient for you to plan to give your kitchen a beautiful touch to engage your visitors.
Herringbone tiles are an ideal option for kitchens. They are easy to maintain and clean. In addition, herringbone tiles on the floor in your kitchen are essential because they are slip-resistant. Apart from that, the floor surface is one of the critical elements of kitchen design.
Herringbone tiles is a prevalent choice for walls and floor in your kitchen. It is available in different colors that will give your kitchen a classic look.
Herringbone pattern tiles for designing your bedrooms:
A bedroom is a place of comfort. A healthy-designed pattern will enhance well-being in your room. A bedroom is once said to be a place of rest. Herringbone tiles are the most common flooring option for the bedroom. I’m trying to say that this unique pattern has been the perfect one for bedrooms over the years. Do you know that the best design for tiles in the bedroom is herringbone tiles? To prove it, here are four reasons to use herringbone tiles in your bedroom:
- It is durable. Herringbone tile is durable and made to last for decades. It can withstand a lot of impacts and is resistant to moisture. However, one disadvantage of it is so durable is that it can be hard underfoot and doesn’t provide as cozy of a feeling as carpet might in the bedroom.
- It has a cool temperature. Herringbone has a naturally cool temperature so that it won’t heat your room. So it is refreshing to step on in the morning.
- Countless stylish options. Herringbone today now comes in different designs and different styles. Before this time, some people think herringbone tile is too non-traditional to use as bedroom flooring. That was then! The good news is that herringbone tiles significantly create a convenient effect while using them.
- Overtakes carpet. Although, the carpet was once a popular flooring choice for bedrooms. But the carpet is known to attract dust, and it needs regular vacuuming to keep the effect under control. Also, carpets soak in liquid and stains, and this can reduce their life. On the other hand, herringbone is resistant to moisture and colors, which makes it an everlasting one. And that’s not all, herringbone tile is easy to clean, and it can’t hold allergens as much as carpet.
Herringbone pattern tiles for your living room:
Whether your living room is large or small, tile is an outstanding choice for flooring. It is more beautifully pleasing and more accessible to clean than carpet and more robust than old-style wood floors—without preceding warmth or beauty.
We’ve explained the virtues of herringbone tiles for bathrooms, kitchens, and bedrooms. Correspondingly, many of those advantages also make it a good choice for the living room. Herringbone tile is durable, and it is easy to maintain. It is one of the most suitable and commonly used tiles in the living room because of its uniqueness and durability. In addition, this unique pattern is an eye-catching style that will add charming beauty to welcome your visitors.
Herringbone pattern tiles are used in all areas of your home. It is a lovely pattern for both walls and floors.